System Operations on AWS is a course designed for Systems Administrators or Developers Operations (DevOps) in order to consolidate knowledge in automatable and repeatable creation and deployment of networks and systems on the AWS platform. The course covers common techniques used throughout the industry for configuring and deploying systems. Attendees will learn how to use standard AWS infrastructure such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS Cloud Formation to produce stacks of AWS resources and deploy and monitor Amazon EC2 instances.
- System Operations on AWS Overview
- Networking in the Cloud
- Computing in the Cloud
- Storage and Archiving in the Cloud
- Monitoring in the Cloud
- Managing Resource Consumption in the Cloud
- Configuration Management in the Cloud
- Creating Scalable Deployments in the Cloud
- Creating Automated and Repeatable Deployments
- This course is intended for System Administrators and Software Developers, especially those in a Developer Operations (DevOps) role.
The attendees should have done the AWS Technical Essentials course prior to this one and should have a background in either software development or systems administration. It’s also recommended that the individuals have some experience with maintaining operating systems at the command line (cmd or PowerShell in Windows, shell scripting in Linux) and basic knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP).