This one-day classroom course provides students with foundational routing knowledge and configuration examples, and includes an overview of general routing concepts, routing policy, and firewall filters.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring basic device operations. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.1R1.9.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Routing Fundamentals
- Routing Concepts: Overview of Routing
- Routing Concepts: The Routing Table
- Routing Concepts: Routing Instances
- Static Routing
- Dynamic Routing
- Lab 1: Routing Fundamentals
Chapter 3: Routing Policy
- Routing Policy Overview
- Case Study: Routing Policy
- Lab 2: Routing Policy
Chapter 4: Firewall Filters
- Firewall Filters Overview
- Case Study: Firewall Filters
- Unicast Reverse-Path-Forwarding Checks
- Lab 3: Firewall Filters
Appendix A: Class of Service
- CoS Overview
- Traffic Classification
- Traffic Queuing
- Traffic Scheduling
- Case Study: CoS
- Lab 4: Class of Service (Optional)
- This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course prior to attending this class.