The four-day Certified EU GDPR Practitioner classroom course, based in locations throughout Europe, is focused on equipping attendees with the knowledge and skills to implement an effective privacy and information security compliance programme under the GDPR, and to fulfil the role of the DPO.
- The role of the DPO.
- What constitutes personal data.
- Accountability, the privacy compliance framework and a PIMS (personal information management system).
- Lessons to be learned from common data security failures.
- The six data protection principles – how to apply them and demonstrate compliance.
- The security of personal data.
- An organisational risk management framework.
- Legal requirements for a DPIA.
- How to conduct a DPIA with a DPIA tool.
- Why and how to conduct a data mapping exercise.
- The rights of data subjects.
- Giving and withdrawing consent.
- Handling data subject access requests.
- The roles of controllers and processors, and the relationships between them.
- Transferring personal data outside the EU and the mechanisms for compliance.
- How to prepare for GDPR compliance using a compliance gap assessment tool.
- Privacy managers;
- Data protection managers;
- Information security managers;
- IT managers;
- Project managers;
- Corporate governance managers;
- Risk and compliance managers;
- General or privacy counsels; and
- Individuals with little experience but who wish to enter the field of data protection with a professional qualification.