This two-day course provides detailed coverage of virtual LAN (VLAN) operations, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) and VLAN Spanning Tree Protocol (VSTP), authentication and access control for Layer 2 networks, IP telephony features, class of service (CoS), and monitoring and troubleshooting tools and features supported on the EX Series Ethernet Switches.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos operating system and in monitoring device and protocol operations. This course uses Juniper Networks EX Series Ethernet Switches for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos operating system. This course is based on the Junos OS Release 12.2R1.8.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Advanced Ethernet Switching
- Virtual Local Area Networks
- Automating VLAN Administration
- Tunneling Layer 2 Traffic
- Lab 1: Advanced Ethernet Switching
Chapter 3: Advanced Spanning Tree
- Spanning Tree Review
- Lab 2: Advanced Spanning Tree
Chapter 4: Authentication and Access Control
- Authentication Overview
- Access Control Features
- Overview of Authentication Processing
- Lab 3: Authentication and Access Control
Chapter 5: Deploying IP Telephony Features
- Deployment Scenarios
- IP Telephony Features
- Case Study: Deploying IP Telephony Features
- Lab 4: Deploying IP Telephony Features
Chapter 6: Class of Service
- Class of Service Review
- Processing and Feature Overview
- Case Study: Implementing Class of Service
- Lab 5: Class of Service
Chapter 7: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Layer 2 Networks
- Introduction to Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Tools
- Case Studies
- Lab 6: Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring EX Series switches.
Students should have an intermediate-level of networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course, the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course, and the Junos Enterprise Switching (JEX) course prior to attending this class.